港大建築-奠基石和紀念牌匾(一)

1
76
Foundation Stone of Main Building, HKU

港大最初的校園就只得本部大樓。隨著大學發展,校園逐步擴建。為紀念新樓奠基以及落成啟用,不少校園建築都有奠基石和紀念牌匾,是校園發展的歷史見證。碑石和牌匾上面通常記錄了主禮嘉賓和捐款善長的芳名,部分更載有大樓命名的源起。除了早期的建築外,大部分都是中英雙語並列,雕刻在石上或鐫刻在銅板或鋼板上

以下是本部校園內建於二十世紀初至八十年代末的部分建築的奠基石和紀念牌匾。


本部大樓

Foundation Stone of Main Building, HKU
本部大樓奠基石

THIS FOUNDATION STONE
WAS LAID BY
SIR FREDERICK J.D. LUGARD
K.C.M.G. C.B. D.S.O.
16TH MARCH 1910
THIS BUILDING IS ERECTED AND
PRESENTED TO THE COLONY BY
H. N. MODY
A PARSI GENTLEMAN
50 YEARS RESIDENT IN HONGKONG

 

本部大樓啟用紀念碑
本部大樓啟用紀念碑

UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
—————-
THESE BUILDINGS WERE OPENED BY
SIR FREDERICK J.D. LUGARD
G.C.M.G. C.B. D.S.O.
ON 11TH MARCH 1912


鄧志昂樓

鄧志昂樓紀念牌匾
鄧志昂樓紀念牌匾

此院於一九
三十一年九
月二十八日

港督貝璐主
禮開幕特立
此石以紀其

Tang Chi Ngong Building Commemorative Paque
Tang Chi Ngong Building Commemorative Plaque

THIS BVILDING
WAS OPENED BY
H E SIR WILLIAM PEEL
K C M G  K B E
28TH SEPTEMBER 1931


鈕魯詩樓

鈕魯詩樓紀念牌匾
鈕魯詩樓紀念牌匾

UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG

THE KNOWLES BUILDING

THIS BUILDING, COMPLETED IN 1973,
WAS NAMED IN MEMORY OF
WILLIAM CHARLES GODDARD KNOWLES, C.B.E., L.L.D (1908-1969)
MEMBER OF THE COURT AND COUNCIL 1958-1965
TREASURER 1962-1964 AND VICE-CHANCELLOR 1964-1965.
IT WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED ON 12TH OCT. 1973
BY MRS. KNOWLES.


方樹泉文娛中心

方樹泉文娛中心紀念牌匾
方樹泉文娛中心紀念牌匾

方樹泉文娛中心

       香港大學蒙方樹泉先生
暨方樹福堂基金慷捐鉅款,
贊助學生文娛及住宿設施。
特將本中心命名為「方樹泉
文娛中心」,以誌美舉,用
伸頌忱。香港大學謹識。

公曆一九八一年九月廿五日

FONG SHU CHUEN
AMENITIES CENTRE

This Amenities Centre is named
in honour of Mr Fong Shu Chuen
in recognition of a substantial donation
made by him and
Fong Shu Fook Tong Foundation
towards students’ and residential facilities
in the University

September 25, 1981


邵仁枚樓及邵逸夫樓

邵仁枚樓暨邵逸夫樓紀念牌匾

                  香港大學
邵仁枚樓暨邵逸夫樓

斯二樓也落成於一九八三年為
表揚邵逸夫爵士對本校直慷慨
支持俾已故丹斯里邵仁枚及邵
逸夫爵士昆仲之芳名永留本校
香港總督兼本校校監尤德爵士
特於一九八五年十月十四日蒞
臨為二樓主持命名典禮爰鐫吉
金用昭盛典

                            香港大學謹識

THE SHAW BUILDINGS
UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
THESE BUILDINGS, COMPLETED IN 1983,
WERE FORMALLY NAMED ON 14TH OCTOBER 1985
BY THE GOVERNOR OF HONG KONG
H.E. SIR EDWARD YOUDE, G.C.M.G., M.B.E.
CHANCELLOR OF THE UNIVERSITY
IN HONOUR OF THE LATE TAN SRI DR. RUNME SHAW
AND SIR RUN RUN SHAW, C.B.E.
IN RECOGNITION OF SIR RUN RUN’S GENEROSITY
TO THE UNIVERSITY


蒙國平花園

蒙國平花園紀念牌匾
蒙國平花園紀念牌匾

蒙國平花園

本花園之佈置承    蒙民偉先生
於一九八五年慷慨資助。本園
之命名,用以紀念蒙氏先翁
蒙國平先生。

                             香港大學謹識

長楊映沼    芳枳樹籬
游鱗瀺灂    菡萏敷披

THE MONG KWOK PING GARDEN

This Garden was laid out in 1985
with the generous donation
from Mr. Mong Man Wai.
It commemorates the donor’s father,
the late Mr Mong Kwok Ping.


許愛周科學館

許愛周科學館紀念牌匾
許愛周科學館紀念牌匾

許愛周科學館

本科學館之建築,有賴香港政
府撥予鉅款,並荷許士芬先生
之慷慨捐資,得以完成。許先
生為美國地質礦務工程師、英
國皇家特許礦冶學會名譽會員
及香港大學名譽法學博士,本
校蒙其熱心支持,玉成興建本
館及襄助地球與環境科學之研
究,特將本館以許氏先翁許愛
周先生(一八八一至一九六六)命
名,以表謝忱。本館之落成,
荷蒙    港督兼本校校監麥理浩
爵士於一九八一年十二月十日
蒞臨主持啟用儀式。

                            香港大學謹識

 

HUI OI-CHOW SCIENCE BUILDING

THIS BUILDING IS NAMED TO COMMEMORATE THE LATE
MR. HUI OI-CHOW (1881-1966)
AND TO RECORD PERMANENTLY THE GENEROSITY OF HIS SON
MR STEPHEN S.F. HUI, E.M., GEOL. E.; HON. F.I.M.M. (U.K.); LL.D.
IN THE UNIVERSITY
THE BUILDING WAS MADE POSSIBLE WITH FUNDS
FROM THE HONG KONG GOVERNMENT AND FROM MR HUI
AND WAS OPENED ON DECEMBER 10, 1981
BY THE GOVERNOR OF HONG KONG
H.E. SIR MURRAY MACLEHOSE, G.B.E.; K.C.M.G.; K.C.V.O.
CHANCELLOR OF THE UNIVERSITY


厲樹雄科學館

厲樹雄科學館紀念牌匾
厲樹雄科學館紀念牌匾

厲樹雄科學館

        本館蒙香港政府撥款興
建,於一九八一年完成,其
命名用以感謝厲樹雄先生慨
捐巨款,資助城市研究及城
市規劃教研工作之發展。

         本館於一九八二年二月
十一日舉行啟用儀式。香港
大學謹識。

 

JAMES HSIONG LEE SCIENCE BUILDING

THIS BUILDING, COMPLETED IN 1981,
WAS MADE POSSIBLE WITH THE FUNDS FROM
THE HONG KONG GOVERNMENT.
IT IS NAMED IN HONOUR OF
MR JAMES HSIONG LEE
IN RECOGNITION OF A SUBSTANTIAL DONATION MADE BY HIM
TOWARDS THE PURSUIT OF URBAN STUDIES
AND URBAN PLANNING IN THE UNIVERSITY
AND WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED
ON FEBRUARY 11, 1982


黃克競樓

黃克競樓紀念牌匾
黃克競樓紀念牌匾

黃克競樓

本樓蒙香港政府撥款興建於一
九八二年完成其命名用以感謝
黃克競博士慨捐鉅款資助工程
學科研究及本校研究生宿舍之
擴建本樓於一九八三年十月六
日舉行啟用禮荷蒙
香港總督兼本校校監尤德爵士
蒞臨主持爰鐫吉金用昭盛典

                            香港大學謹識

THE HAKING WONG BUILDING

THIS BUILDING, COMPLETED IN 1982,
WAS MADE POSSIBLE WITH FUNDS FROM
THE HONG KONG GOVERNMENT
AND IS NAMED IN HONOUR OF
DR. 
HAKING WONG, C.B.E., L.L.D.
IN RECOGNITION OF A SUBSTANTIAL DONATION MADE BY HIM
TOWARDS ENGINEERING RESEARCH AND
POSTGRADUATE RESIDENCE FACILITIES IN THE UNIVERSITY.
IT WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED
ON OCTOBER 6, 1983
BY THE GOVERNOR OF HONG KONG
H.E. SIR EDWARD YOUDE, G.C.M.G., M.B.E.
CHANCELLOR OF THE UNIVERSITY


梁銶琚樓

梁銶琚樓奠基石
梁銶琚樓奠基石

梁銶琚先生與
校長黃麗松博士   奠此基石

銶光渙世
琚柱擎天

一九八六年四月廿八日   香港大學謹識

This Foundation Stone
Was Laid By
Mr. K.K. Leung
And
The Vice-Chancellor Dr Rayson Huang
On April 28, 1986.

 

梁銶琚樓紀念牌匾
梁銶琚樓紀念牌匾

香港大學梁銶琚樓

        本樓以梁銶琚博士命名
以永誌其對本校之熱心支持
慷慨捐贈    荷蒙
行政局首席議員鄧蓮如爵士
於一九八九年六月一日主持
本樓名匾揭幕典禮爰鐫吉金
用昭其盛

                        香港大學謹識

 

UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
THE K.K.LEUNG BUILDING

This building is named in honour of
DR. LEUNG KAU KUI, D.S.Sc
in recognition of his generosity to the University.
The commemoration plaque was unveiled by
THE HON. DAME LYDIA DUNN,
D.B.E., L.L.D., J.P.
Senior Member of the Executive Council,
on June 1, 1989


 

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.